How to get a personal loan in Gatineau
Get an online quote
Answer a few simple questions and receive your loan quote in minutes. There is no obligation and no impact to your credit score.
Connect with a Lending Specialist
A Lending Specialist will contact you to customize your loan.
Complete the loan application
You can submit the required documents online or in person at one of our Gatineau branches, depending on the type of loan you choose.
Types of loans in Gatineau
Here are the personal loans available at your local branch:
- Loan amounts: Borrow $500-$25,000 as soon as the day you apply
- Loan term: 6-60 months
- Homeownership required: No homeownership required
- Prepayment penalty: No pre-payment penalties so you can pay off the loan when it’s convenient for you
Unsecured personal loan
- Loan amounts: Borrow $5,000-$50,000
- Loan term: 36-120 months
- Homeownership required: Yes
- Access a lower interest rate, lower payments and more money than with an unsecured personal loan
Secured personal loan
What do I need to qualify for a personal loan?
To finalize your loan application, you’ll need to provide verification documents:
- Valid personal identification – either one piece of primary identification like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of secondary identification like a Canadian birth certificate or current bank statement with your full name and address
- Employment or income verification like a current T4 or pay stub
- Housing information like a mortgage statement or lease agreement
Learn more about the verification documents required for your loan.
Why choose one of our Gatineau branches for your loan?
Not only do we have two convenient branches located in Gatineau, you can also complete your loan application online. Additionally, we’ve been providing Canadians with responsible loans for almost 100 years.
The Gatineau community
Located directly across from Ottawa, Ontario, on the northern bank of the Ottawa River and in western Quebec, Gatineau offers an urban vibe as the fourth largest city in the province. Gatineau is part of Canada’s National Capital Region and has a bustling nightlife, drawing young adult crowds.
Gatineau is home to many festivals, natural beauty and attractions. The Hotel Air Balloon Festival is a sight to behold, filling the sky with a multitude of colours. You can also visit one of the many parks, including the Lac Beauchamp Park and the beautiful waterfront. Or learn about Canada’s heritage at the Canadian Museum of History.
With the Casino du Lac-Leamy, local microbreweries offering selections of craft beers and world-class restaurants along with a dynamic nightlife, Gatineau residents and visitors have a lot of options to choose from for entertainment.