How to get a personal loan in Fredericton
Get an online quote
Answer a few simple questions and receive your loan quote in minutes. There is no obligation and no impact to your credit score.
Connect with a Lending Specialist
A Lending Specialist will contact you to customize your loan.
Complete the loan application
You can submit the required documents online or in person at one of our Fredericton branches, depending on the type of loan you choose.
Types of loans in Fredericton
Here are the personal loans available at your local branch:
- Loan amounts: Borrow $500-$25,000 as soon as the day you apply
- Loan term: 6-60 months
- Homeownership required: No homeownership required
- Prepayment penalty: No pre-payment penalties so you can pay off the loan when it’s convenient for you
Unsecured personal loan
- Loan amounts: Borrow $5,000-$50,000
- Loan term: 36-120 months
- Homeownership required: Yes
- Access a lower interest rate, lower payments and more money than with an unsecured personal loan
Secured personal loan
What do I need to qualify for a personal loan?
To finalize your loan application, you’ll need to provide verification documents:
- Valid personal identification – either one piece of primary identification like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of secondary identification like a Canadian birth certificate or current bank statement with your full name and address
- Employment or income verification like a current T4 or pay stub
- Housing information like a mortgage statement or lease agreement
Learn more about the verification documents required for your loan.
Why choose one of our Fredericton branches for your loan?
Not only do we have two convenient branches located in Fredericton, you can also complete your loan application online. Additionally, we’ve been providing Canadians with responsible loans for almost 100 years.
The Fredericton community
Fredericton is the capital city of New Brunswick. Though smaller compared to other Canadian capital cities, Fredericton still boasts several draws for new residents and tourists. Many visitors check out the Historic Garrison District, which is home to the Changing of the Guard ceremony, several artists’ studios and an outdoor theatre.
The city is also home to the Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market, the annual Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival and the largest professional theatre in the province, the Playhouse.
Residents of Fredericton have access to high-quality arts and cultural events, great work opportunities and a beautiful historic district.