How to get a personal loan in Windsor
Get an online quote
Answer a few simple questions and receive your loan quote in minutes. There is no obligation and no impact to your credit score.
Connect with a Lending Specialist
A Lending Specialist will contact you to customize your loan.
Complete the loan application
You can submit the required documents online or in person at one of our Windsor branches, depending on the type of loan you choose.
Types of loans in Windsor
Here are the personal loans available at your local branch:
- Loan amounts: Borrow $500-$25,000 as soon as the day you apply
- Loan term: 6-60 months
- Homeownership required: No homeownership required
- Prepayment penalty: No pre-payment penalties so you can pay off the loan when it’s convenient for you
Unsecured personal loan
- Loan amounts: Borrow $5,000-$50,000
- Loan term: 36-120 months
- Homeownership required: Yes
- Access a lower interest rate, lower payments and more money than with an unsecured personal loan
Secured personal loan
What do I need to qualify for a personal loan?
To finalize your loan application, you’ll need to provide verification documents:
- Valid personal identification – either one piece of primary identification like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of secondary identification like a Canadian birth certificate or current bank statement with your full name and address
- Employment or income verification like a current T4 or pay stub
- Housing information like a mortgage statement or lease agreement
Learn more about the verification documents required for your loan.
Why choose one of our Windsor branches for your loan?
Not only do we have two convenient branches located in Windsor, you can also complete your loan application online. Additionally, we’ve been providing Canadians with responsible loans for almost 100 years.
The Windsor community
Located directly across the Detroit River from the U.S. city of Detroit, Michigan, Windsor is the automotive capital of Canada. As the headquarters for FCA Canada, Windsor is home to a large working-class population, with a minivan assembly plant, various tool and die auto parts manufacturers and two Ford engine plants. Windsor also has a vibrant student community, being home to St. Clair College and the University of Windsor.
There are many options for entertainment, including the Caesars Windsor, a large casino complex that overlooks Detroit and hosts gambling and shows. Other notable entertainment venues include the Windsor Symphony Orchestra, Windsor Light Music Theater and the Art Gallery of Windsor for culture.
Outdoor activities include the Odette Sculpture Park, Adventure Bay Waterpark and waterfront park, stretching close to 5 kilometers.