How to get a personal loan in Ottawa
Get an online quote
Answer a few simple questions and receive your loan quote in minutes. There is no obligation and no impact to your credit score.
Connect with a Lending Specialist
A Lending Specialist will contact you to customize your loan.
Complete the loan application
You can submit the required documents online or in person at one of our Ottawa branches, depending on the type of loan you choose.
Types of loans in Ottawa
Here are the personal loans available at your local branch:
- Loan amounts: Borrow $500-$25,000 as soon as the day you apply
- Loan term: 6-60 months
- Homeownership required: No homeownership required
- Prepayment penalty: No pre-payment penalties so you can pay off the loan when it’s convenient for you
Unsecured personal loan
- Loan amounts: Borrow $5,000-$50,000
- Loan term: 36-120 months
- Homeownership required: Yes
- Access a lower interest rate, lower payments and more money than with an unsecured personal loan
Secured personal loan
What do I need to qualify for a personal loan?
To finalize your loan application, you’ll need to provide verification documents:
- Valid personal identification – either one piece of primary identification like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of secondary identification like a Canadian birth certificate or current bank statement with your full name and address
- Employment or income verification like a current T4 or pay stub
- Housing information like a mortgage statement or lease agreement
Learn more about the verification documents required for your loan.
Why choose one of our Ottawa branches for your loan?
Not only do we have two convenient branches located in Ottawa, you can also complete your loan application online. Additionally, we’ve been providing Canadians with responsible loans for almost 100 years.
The Ottawa community
Ottawa is the capital city of Canada and often deemed the most educated city in the country, being home to Carleton University and the University of Ottawa.
With Parliament Hill at the center and on the banks of the Ottawa River, Ottawa offers a high level of culture, education and professionalism. Local events include Winterlude, the Ottawa International Jazz Festival, Canada Day, Folk Music Festival and skating on the Rideau Canal in the wintertime while eating an elephant ear.
Ottawa is also home to the ByWard Market and the Golden Triangle as well as sporting events, such as the Ottawa Senators hockey team and the Ottawa Redblacks football team.