How to get a personal loan in Oshawa
Get an online quote
Answer a few simple questions and receive your loan quote in minutes. There is no obligation and no impact to your credit score.
Connect with a Lending Specialist
A Lending Specialist will contact you to customize your loan.
Complete the loan application
You can submit the required documents online or in person at one of our Oshawa branches, depending on the type of loan you choose.
Types of loans in Oshawa
Here are the personal loans available at your local branch:
- Loan amounts: Borrow $500-$25,000 as soon as the day you apply
- Loan term: 6-60 months
- Homeownership required: No homeownership required
- Prepayment penalty: No pre-payment penalties so you can pay off the loan when it’s convenient for you
Unsecured personal loan
- Loan amounts: Borrow $5,000-$50,000
- Loan term: 36-120 months
- Homeownership required: Yes
- Access a lower interest rate, lower payments and more money than with an unsecured personal loan
Secured personal loan
What do I need to qualify for a personal loan?
To finalize your loan application, you’ll need to provide verification documents:
- Valid personal identification – either one piece of primary identification like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of secondary identification like a Canadian birth certificate or current bank statement with your full name and address
- Employment or income verification like a current T4 or pay stub
- Housing information like a mortgage statement or lease agreement
Learn more about the verification documents required for your loan.
Why choose one of our Oshawa branches for your loan?
Not only do we have two convenient branches located in Oshawa, you can also complete your loan application online. Additionally, we’ve been providing Canadians with responsible loans for almost 100 years.
The Oshawa community
Located on the Lake Ontario Shoreline, Oshawa is considered the eastern anchor of the Greater Toronto Area and the Golden Horseshoe. Deemed the largest municipality in the Regional Municipality of Durham, Oshawa is a hub for education, health and sciences and home to many financial institutions.
Parkwood Estate, home of the founder of General Motors of Canada, is located in Oshawa and has been the backdrop of many movies, including X-Men, Billy Madison and Chicago.
The city of Oshawa is home to the Regent Theatre, Robert McLaughlin Gallery, the Tribute Communities Centre and the Canadian Automotive Museum. There are also several options for recreational sports and sporting events in the city of Oshawa.